New furniture and a fresh coat of paint can give many rooms in your home a whole new look. But bathrooms are usually a whole different story. If you are planning to remodel your bathroom at home, read this article to learn about the important elements of a bathroom remodel.
1. How far do you want to go?: When you decide to renovate your bathroom, you are faced with a number of choices. One of the first and most important things to consider How Much to Renovate a Bathroom in Ontario when deciding to renovate your bathroom is how big of a change you want to make. Scrap the entire space and start from scratch? Perhaps you like the look of your bathroom but want a new bathtub or shower system. Or maybe you simply want to refresh things with a new color of paint and updated fixtures. No matter which path you choose, you can’t proceed with your plans until you know how far you want to take this innovation.
2. Engage with a professional: Once you know the size of your renovation project, you must decide whether to take on the project yourself or hire a professional bathroom remodeling company. For simple tasks like changing hardware and repainting, you can do most of it yourself. However, if you’re starting from scratch and installing all new floors and a new bathtub and shower system, you’ll want to hire a professional. A professional can take care of any plumbing or electrical issues that may arise in your renovation.
3. Function of the space: Now that you know the size of the renovation you want and whether you want to hire a team of experts, it’s time to think about the overall function of your new bathroom. Now, there are obvious uses that need not be mentioned, but besides that, what else do you want this space to offer? Is it a small powder room for guests? This is a larger shared bathroom for the whole family, so it needs more durability. Or it could be a private ensuite bathroom that you want to turn into a personal spa-like space. Knowing what you want in your new bathroom will give you an idea of where to go in terms of budget, layout, and design.
4. Budgeting the project: Aside from the technical aspects, you can start budgeting for your renovation. Your budget will likely be much higher if you hire a professional contractor and do a full renovation. Also, if you are planning on doing this, be sure to set aside an emergency fund in case something should happen during the process. Because the plumbing is mixed, we are dealing with much more in a bathroom renovation than in a bedroom or living room.
5. Plan your time: Another important thing to do when planning a bathroom renovation is to set a schedule for the actual process. Whether the process is long or short, you should allow some flexibility. By allowing flexibility, you can be prepared in case there are unexpected structural or plumbing problems, delivery or manufacturing delays, or other external issues.