If you’re like me, you’re probably wondering why your Owlet sock isn’t charging. Here’s a quick guide to help you troubleshoot the issue and get your sock back up and running. Here are a few tips to fix the issue
Why is my Owlet Sock Not Charging? – Reasons
If you’re experiencing issues charging your Owlet sock, there are a few things that could be causing the problem. Here are a few potential causes:
- The charging cord may be damaged.
- The battery may be low.
- There could be an issue with the socket itself.
3 Ways to Fix the Issue:
There are a few things you can do to troubleshoot the issue.
- First, check that the charger is properly plugged into an outlet. If it is, then unplug the charger and plug it back in again.
- If the power source is good, the next thing to check is the connection between the charger and the sock. The sock must be properly inserted into the charger for it to charge correctly. If the connection is loose or broken, simply reconnect or replace the sock.
- There may be an issue with the battery. Try charging the battery for a full 24 hours to see if that resolves the issue. if none of those solutions work, you can contact Owlet customer support for help.
How can I contact customer service for help with my Owlet sock?
If you need help with your Owlet sock, you can contact customer service by phone or email.
- To contact customer service by phone, call 1-855-693-9675.
- To contact customer service by email, send an email to [email protected]
Is there a warranty on the Owlet sock?
The Owlet sock comes with a one-year warranty. If you have any problems with the Owlet sock, please contact us at [email protected].
We hope this article has helped clear up any confusion you had about the Owlet sock not charging. As we mentioned, there are a few reasons why this might happen, but it’s nothing to worry about. Simply charge the sock for a few hours and you should be good to go.