There may come a time when you need to remove your credit card from your PlayStation 4 without entering your password. Maybe you’re selling the console or giving it to a friend.
Whatever the reason, this guide will show you how to do it. Keep in mind that this will delete all of the information on your PS4, so make sure to back it up first!
3 Ways to Remove Credit Card from PS4 without Password
There are a few different ways that you can remove your credit card from your PS4 without having to enter your password.
Deleting All Information From Your PS4
One way is to simply delete all of the information off of your PS4. This will erase everything on your console, so make sure to back up any important data first!
- Begin by pressing the “Power” button on your PS4 to turn it off.
- Once the console is off, press and hold the “Power” and “Share” buttons at the same time.
- Continue holding these buttons until you hear two beeps. This indicates that you have entered “Safe Mode“.
- Use the controller to navigate to the “Initialize PS4” option and select it.
- Choose the “Full” initialization option and confirm your selection.
- Follow the prompts to complete the initialization process. This will erase all data from your PS4, so make sure to back up any important files first!
Contacting Sony Customer Support
Another way is to contact Sony customer support and have them remove the credit card associated with your account. This will require you to provide some personal information and may take a few days for the change to go into effect.
- Visit the Sony website and log into your account.
- Click on the “Support” tab and select the “Customer Service” option.
- Find the “Contact Us” section and choose the “Chat With Us” option.
- Enter your personal information and explain that you need to remove a credit card from your account.
- A customer service representative will help you with the next steps and make sure that your credit card is removed from your account.
Visiting Your Local PlayStation Store
Finally, you can also visit your local PlayStation store and speak with a representative about removing your credit card from the system. They should be able to help you out and make the changes you need.
- Find your nearest PlayStation store.
- Speak with a representative at the customer service desk and explain that you need to remove credit card from PS4.
- They will help you through the process and make sure that your credit card is successfully removed from the system.
Keep in mind that any of these methods will delete your credit card information from your PS4. If you are planning on selling or giving away your console, make sure to remove your credit card information beforehand!