Fortnite has been a huge hit with gamers all over the world, and one of the things that makes it so popular is its use of skins. Skins are digital outfits that players can buy or earn to customize their characters in Fortnite. But just how many skins are there in Fortnite?
The answer is a lot! As of October 2019, there were more than 1,000 skins available in Fortnite. And that number is only going to grow as the game continues to add new content. So if you’re looking for a way to stand out from the crowd in Fortnite, make sure to check out all the different skins that you can get your hands on!
What is Fortnite?
Fortnite is a free-to-play Battle Royale game with millions of players worldwide. In Fortnite, players team up to battle it out in an intense 100-player PvP mode. The last player or team standing wins! Fortnite offers a variety of unique and interesting skins for players to choose from. With so many skins available, it can be tough to decide which one you want!
The Different Types of Skins in Fortnite
There are currently six types of skins in Fortnite:
- Uncommon – These skins have a green rarity and can be obtained from the Vindertech Store, through the Battle Pass, or by completing certain challenges.
- Rare – These skins have a blue rarity and can be obtained from looting chests, llamas, or Supply Drops. They can also be obtained through the Battle Pass or by purchasing them from the Item Shop.
- Epic – These skins have a purple rarity and can only be obtained from the Item Shop or by completing certain challenges. They are also available as rewards from the Battle Pass.
- Legendary – These skins have a gold rarity and can only be obtained from the Item Shop or by completing certain challenges. They are also available as rewards from the Battle Pass.
- Mythic – These skins have an orange rarity and can only be obtained by purchasing them from the Item Shop.
The Best Skins in Fortnite
There are a lot of skins in Fortnite, but some are definitely better than others. Here are our picks for the best skins in the game:
The Skull Trooper
This skin is perfect for anyone who wants to look like a total bada**. It’s got a cool skull design and comes in two different color schemes (green and purple).
The Dark Voyager
The Dark Voyager is another great skin for those who want to look intimidating. It’s all black with some orange accents, and it even has a cool space helmet design.
This skin is perfect for anyone who wants to show their love for dinosaurs (or just looks really cool). It’s bright blue with orange accents, and it even has a little raptor head on the character’s back.
How to Get Skins in Fortnite
There are a few ways to get skins in Fortnite.
- The most common way is to purchase them in the Item Shop with V-Bucks, Fortnite’s in-game currency. Skins can also be earned by completing certain challenges or by purchasing certain editions of the game.
- The first place to start is the Item Shop. The Item Shop is where you can buy cosmetic items for your character with V-Bucks, the in-game currency. You can check the Item Shop by opening up the main menu and selecting the shopping bag icon. The Item Shop refreshes every day, so if you don’t see anything you like today, be sure to check back tomorrow.
How to Change Your Skin in Fortnite
If you’re wondering how to change your skin in Fortnite, never fear – it’s actually a pretty simple process!
- Log into your Epic Games account. If you don’t have one, you can create one for free on the Epic Games website.
- Once you’re logged in, click on your username in the upper right-hand corner and select “Account” from the drop-down menu.
- On the next page, scroll down to the “Connections” section and click on the “Change” button next to the “Primary Account” option.
- A pop-up window will appear; select the “Fortnite” option from the list of games and hit “Continue.”
- On the next page, select which platform you play Fortnite on (PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, or Mac) and enter your account information. Click “Sign In” when you’re finished.
Skins are a big part of the Fortnite experience, and there are a lot of them to choose from. If you’re looking to unlock all of the skins in the game, you’ll need to put in a lot of time and effort – or spend some money. However, if you choose to do it, collecting skins is one of the best parts of playing Fortnite.