Fitbits are amazing little devices that track your steps, heart rate, and other health metrics. But what if your Fitbit starts to tell you to “Look Alive?” What does that mean? Is it an error or not? And how do you fix it?
In this article, we will explain what “Look Alive” means. So keep on reading this post till the end.
If your Fitbit tells you to Look Alive then it is very likely that you have Smart Wake enabled on your device. In today’s fast-paced world, it’s important to get a good night’s sleep. But sometimes, it can be hard to wake up in the morning. That’s where Smart Wake comes in. Smart Wake is a feature on Fitbit devices that uses algorithms to wake you out of sleep.
How Do I Set an Alarm on my Fitbit?
There are a few steps involved in setting an alarm on your Fitbit.
- First, you’ll need to log into your account on fitbit.com.
- From there, click on the gear icon next to your device image.
- Under the heading “Silent Alarms,” click “Add Alarm.” This will bring up a menu where you can select the time and frequency for your alarm.
- Be sure to enter the alarm time in the format HH: MM. Once you’ve selected your preferences, click “Save.”
- The final step is to click on the Fitbit Connect icon, which will sync your device and complete the process.
So this is how you can set up an Alarm on your Fitbit.
How Do I turn off the Fitbit smart wake?
Some users have found that the smart wake feature, which is designed to wake you up at the optimal time during your sleep cycle, can be more trouble than it’s worth.
If you’re one of those users, you’ll be happy to know that it’s relatively easy to disable the smart wake feature.
- Simply open the Fitbit app on your phone and go to the Alarm tab.
- Then select a new alarm, choose a time to be woken up, and tap on the Off button next to the smart wake option.
- Once you’ve done that, your Fitbit will function as a regular alarm clock, without any of the added complexity of the smart wake feature.
We hope that this article was able to clear your doubt regarding the “Look Alive” message on your Fitbit. If you still have any questions, feel free to ask us in the comments section below.
And don’t forget to check out our other articles on all things Fitbit.