If you’re having trouble getting your MyFitnessPal data to sync with your Fitbit account, then don’t worry, you’re not alone. This can be a tricky process, but we’ll walk you through the steps to get it working. Keep on reading this post for our tips on how to make sure your MyFitnessPal and Fitbit accounts are syncing properly.
Check if the Services are Linked:
There are a few potential reasons why your Fitbit isn’t syncing with MyFitnessPal. First, make sure that the services are properly linked by checking the Apps tab on your MyFitnessPal dashboard. If Fitbit is listed there, then the two services are aware of one another and successfully connected.
Follow the steps below to check if your Fitbit device is linked with MyFitnessPal or not:
- First of all, log in to your MyFitnessPal dashboard.
- After logging in, click on the Apps tab.
- From the Apps tab, look out for the Your Apps section and then check if Fitbit is listed there or not.
- If you spot Fitbit there, then it means that Fitbit is connected to your MyFitnessPal account.
- Click on the Connect button to link the services.
Reconnect MyFitnessPal and Fitbit:
If you’re trying to link your Fitbit account with your MyFitnessPal account but you’re not seeing any data exchange, try reconnecting the two services. If that still doesn’t work, you may have to remove Fitbit from MyFitnessPal and then reconnect them.
- Start by opening the MyFitnessPal dashboard and logging in if you need to.
- Then, click on the Apps tab. Find Fitbit in the Your Apps section on the right and Click on it.
- After that, click Disconnect to remove it. Next, open a new tab and go to the Fitbit dashboard.
- Again, log in to your account. Click the gear icon and then select Settings.
- Finally, choose Applications. Find MyFitnessPal in the list and click on the Revoke Access button to remove the app from Fitbit.
Once you’ve done all that, give the services a few minutes before trying to reconnect them again.
MyFitnessPal Could be Down
MyFitnessPal is a popular calorie-counting app that can be used to track food intake and exercise. Fitbit is a popular fitness tracker that can be used to track steps taken, heart rate, and more. The two devices can be synced so that data from both devices can be viewed in one place.
However, if MyFitnessPal is down, it may not be possible to sync the two devices. MyFitnessPal has an operation’s Twitter account where updates about any service issues are posted.
The official MyFitnessPal status page also lists current or past service issues. If MyFitnessPal is down, you will not be able to sync your Fitbit data with the app. However, you will still be able to view your Fitbit data on the Fitbit app or website.
Why is my Fitbit not syncing all of a sudden?
If you’ve been using your Fitbit without any issues, it can be frustrating when it suddenly stops syncing. In most cases, this is due to a problem with the wireless connection, so the first thing you should try is toggling your device’s Bluetooth.
If that doesn’t work, you can also try resetting your Fitbit or the device you’re syncing with. Sometimes these more drastic measures are necessary to get things working again. Hopefully, these tips will help you get your Fitbit up and running again in no time.